Initiating a digital marketing journey can be a struggle for any local business. How can you effectively reach the local community and the local prospects online?
Here are some successful tactics to conquer local SEO in 2020!
What is a local SEO strategy?
The local SEO strategy is a powerful marketing tool you should consider, as four out of five consumers use web search to find local services or products. The strategy includes three key actions:
- Set up and optimize your Google My Business (GMB) account;
- Optimize your website to make it more visible for local search queries;
- Excel in online business directories and in how your business is mentioned by other sites with local impact.
How to optimize your GMB account?
- Google might have already generated your business profile, which you can claim. If not, go into your Google account and create one.
- Be thorough and accurate when adding information about your business – think about what a customer might ask for: address, phone number, website, email, business hours, business category, services you offer, etc.
- Upload photos or videos in your profile, including images of your business store or office location.
- Allow for posts and reviews, and respond authentically while mentioning details about the business location.
How to update your website?
- Make your website’s design responsive, and Google will rank it better in search results.
- Develop a location page, providing name, address, phone number, and other contact details. Include business hours, and even a Google Map for your business location.
- Create local content on your blog or news section. For instance, you could write about local events or provide local tips useful for customers and related to your industry.
- Search for keywords that are relevant for your local customers, and include them in your website content. Use the same keywords in the URLs, title tags, headers and meta description of your website.
How to excel in local citations?
- Make sure your name, address and phone number (also known as your business NAP) are accurate and consistent. Check and update your social media profiles, but also your profiles on different business or industry-specific directories.
- Gain new citations on other websites or on social media, which will prove to Google that your business is worth mentioning in local search results.
- Become a guest blogger or sign partnerships that will link back to your business and give authority to your website domain.
If this sounds overwhelming or you’d like some additional ideas to boost your local SEO, contact us to develop a custom digital marketing strategy for your business!